At 4D pharma, we understand that developing a new therapeutic class is challenging. We also understand that our people are our greatest resource – and we look to recruit ambitious and talented individuals from all over the world to be part of this exciting new area of medicine.
Please see our current career opportunities below:
About the Company
4D Pharma PLC is a pharmaceutical company focussed on developing therapeutics from the human gut microbiome. Live biotherapeutic products (LBPs) derived from the gut microbiome represent a new class of drugs that contain live organisms for the prevention, treatment or cure of disease. 4D Pharma is a world leader in the LBP field and currently has two clinical stage programmes (in IBS and IBD) and a strong pipeline of pre-clinical programmes in autoimmunity, inflammation, oncology and CNS disease.
Purpose of the Job
Applications are invited for the role of Scientist/Senior Scientist to join the research team at 4D Pharma Research Ltd in Aberdeen (UK). The successful candidate will provide scientific expertise in assay development for drug discovery for the proprietary MicroRx platform, identifying candidate LPBs for different therapeutic areas. This is mainly focussed on defining suitable properties of LBPs in novel disease areas using appropriate in vitro and ex vivo readouts. The role will require proven expertise in a range of cell biological and immunological techniques, and the proven ability to translate these skills into robust and reliable data. The post-holder will have the opportunity to engage in the wider research activities of the 4D Pharma Research team, write up results in the form of reports and publications, present research outcomes at meetings, and generate intellectual property.
Experience / Qualifications Required
- A PhD with relevant post-doctoral or industry experience (>3-4 years) in drug discovery, cell biology, immunology or a related discipline
- Solid experience in a range of in vitro and ex vivo immunology techniques and proven expertise in cell-based and biochemical assay development (primary cell culture, co-culture systems, multiparameter flow cytrometry, multiplex assays, confocal microscopy and signalling pathway analysis)
- Ideally a Home Office personal/project licence holder (or equivalent)
- Thorough understanding of the gut microbiome and host-microbe interactions
- Highly motivated and innovative with the ability to work independently and integrate into a multidisciplinary team of microbiologists and molecular biologists
- Good organisational and communication skills proven by previous line management and supervision experience
How to apply
Please send all applications to:
Life Sciences Innovation Building
Telephone 01224 900 460
We always welcome applications from talented individuals even if a role is not advertised we would be keen to hear from you. Please send your CV to email@example.com